About Chinasa :
Ms. Chinasa Oriaku is a skilled Lawyer with a wealth of experience across several industries such as Shipping, Commodities Market, Risk Management, Petroleum, Finance, and Consulting services.
She started her career working in Law firms such as Ayoola Ajayi, Allan & Ogunkeye, ABFR & CO where she launched her career in Corporate and Commercial Law. She proceeded to a Collateral and Risk Management Company as an in-house Counsel executing effective system and processes and managing business operations. Thereafter, she joined a reputable Shipping Agency in Nigeria as Company Secretary. She delved into the financial sector as a Legal Officer in an Investment Management Company. She is a distinguished member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria.
Success and value creation is her motivation.
Membership of Professional Association
Nigerian Bar Association.
Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria.
- Led a Company to procure Port Agency from NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation).
- Under Chinasa’s tenure as Company Secretary, an award for best Carbotage Compliant Shipping Company from NIMASA (Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency) was given.
- Supervised Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency’s (PPPRA) assignments and Vessel documentation.
- Headed a team that resolved the Company’s receivables with NIMASA.
- Ensured Regulatory Compliance with relevant Government authorities.
- Engaged in the resolution of the outstanding and over drafted Tax with the Lagos State Inland Revenue Service.
- Chinasa has drafted a wide variety of cross border transactional agreements and documents.
- Corporate & Commercial Practice
- Finance and Investment
- Regulatory & Legal Compliance
- University of South Wales- (LLM)
- Nigerian Law School- (B.L.)
- Madonna University- (LL. B)