About Mosun :
Mosun is a consummate Attorney with wide experience in Corporate/Commercial, Intellectual Property and Competition/Anti-trust law practice. She started her legal career with the law firm of M. J. Onigbanjo & Co where she developed her skill in Litigation and Corporate/Commercial Practice. She later joined the Law firm of G. O. Sodipo & Co. a leading firm in Intellectual Property Law. While in G.O. Sodipo, Mosun handled cases on behalf of multinational companies such as Microsoft, Guinness Nigeria Plc, Nestle and Cadbury Nigeria to mention but a few. She advised clients on intellectual property infringement cases and Trade Mark issues.
Mosun had a brief stint as the Legal Adviser/Company Secretary of Exact Services limited, an Engineering firm. Mosun also worked with the law firm of ECULAW & Co. While with ECULAW, Mosun was the head of Intellectual property and Entertainment law section. Not only that, at ECULAW Mosun handled cases on behalf of KORA Entertainment (KORA Awards) a Pan-African Music Award, advised several Independent TV Producers and foreign investors in the Entertainment Industry.
While pursuing an LL.M. degree at IU-McKinney School of Law, Mosun had the opportunity to serve as an Intern at the office of Justice Steven David of the Indiana Supreme Court. She also worked as the Legal Development Officer for PrepayWay AG. A Swiss based technology company dedicated to creating an ecosystem that facilitates secure, swift, transparent commercial transactions.
Mosun is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a capital market consultant and also registered with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN). She is the Managing Partner of Tope Adebayo LLP and partner in charge of Corporate/Commercial and Intellectual Property.
Mosun is passionate about the intersection of intellectual property and innovation in policy making. Mosun is currently researching the efforts made in some jurisdictions to expand the scope of secured credit transactions to cover security interests over intellectual property and the barriers thereto, which the goal of determining the appropriate policy framework for Nigeria.
Membership of Professional Association
Nigerian Bar Association
IPLAN - Intellectual Property Law Association of Nigeria
Capital Market Solicitors’ Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association – Student member
- Focused Team Member, Legal Team that is advising and representing the Federal Government of Nigeria in recovery of part of Abacha loot in cross-border jurisdictions;
- Focused Team Member, Legal Team that represented the Trustee in the State Government of Osun’s N10,000,000.00 (Ten Billion Naira) Bond Issuance Programme;
- Team Lead, Legal Team that drafted and modified technology license agreements, and Co-Production Agreements on behalf of multinational conglomerates;
- Team Lead, Legal Team that advised and conducted legal audit of an international insurance company with a view to eliminating legal landmines;
- Mosun has drafted and reviewed broad spectrum of commercial agreements on trans-national investments;
- Team Lead, Legal Team that is currently rendering legal and regulatory advice to West African Methanol Alternative Energy Project in the construction of its multi-billion dollar methanol in-plant in Nigeria;
- Mosun leads the team that renders advisory services to a Pharmaceutical Company in accessing finance for its healthcare manufacturing plant;
- Focused Team Member, Legal Team currently rendering legal advice on the construction and regulatory framework of a multi-billion dollar Mono-Rail Transportation project;
- Focused Team Member, Legal Team currently rendering legal advice to Aviation Company on its aircraft lease financing option.
- Corporate and Commercial Practice
- Intellectual Property and Media Law
- Legal Audit
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Market
- Competition and Anti-trust Law
- IU-McKinney School of Law – (LLM)
- University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom – (LLM)
- Nigerian Law School – (B.L)
- Ogun State University, Ogun State (Now Olabisi Onabanjo University) – (LL.B)