About Harrison :
Mr. Harrison Ogalagu is an Attorney with extensive experience in corporate and commercial practice. His portfolio consists of a diverse range of transactions including dispute resolution arising from corporate finance and capital market transactions and is familiar with the practice and procedures of the Superior Courts of Record in Nigeria, and major institutional and ad hoc alternative dispute resolution proceedings. He has handled a broad range of transactions spanning investments, divestments, banking, insolvency, legal due diligence and corporate restructuring.
Mr. Harrison is registered with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a Capital Market Solicitor.
Membership of Professional Association
Nigerian Bar Association
Capital Market Solicitors’ Association
- Focused Team member, Legal Team that is representing NNPC and NPDC in court on the divestment of the Federal Government of Nigeria’s equity in Brass and Forcados Assets and recovery of USD1.7 Billion due obligations;
- Focused Team member, Legal Team that advised and represented Federal Government of Nigeria on recovery of N1.04 Trillion penalty imposed on a multi-national telecommunication company;
- Team lead, advising and defending an international real estate company on the structural defects on the multi-billion naira Town Houses at Mambila Close, Osborne Foreshore, Ikoyi;
- Focused team member, Leal Team that advised on the liquidation of multi-national company indebted to a financial institution to the tune of over 3 Billion Naira arising out of secured credit facility that culminated in creditors winding up;
- Team Lead, Legal team that advised on receivership of a multi-billion naira company indebted to a client to the tune of over 500 Million Naira arising out of some secured credit facilities;
- Team lead, Legal Team Lead that advised and defended a multi-national financial institution on the consistent publication of injurious falsehood that almost threatened the investment of multi-billion dollars by an expatriate company and the attendant recapitalization;
- Team lead, advising and defending an investment company of international repute on enforcement of undertaking as to damages pursuant to an order of mareva injunction against the client’s account which exposed the client to multi-billion naira loss due to cessation of business and brand erosion;
- Team lead, Legal Team that advised and conducted process audit on the recapitalization exercise of a multi-national financial institution to ensure compliance with regulatory regime;
- Team lead, advising and defending an agro-based company on importation of tractors pursuant to contract awarded the client by the Federal Government of Nigeria, the challenges of documentary credit and import finance facility granted by Skye Bank Plc;
- Team lead, advising and defending a client on mortgage facility granted by Ecobank Nigeria Plc which was taken over by AMCON;
- Focused team member, advising an investor on the divestment of 100% shareholding of AMCON in Mainstreet Bank Limited.
- Business Recovery and Insolvency
- Capital Market
- Corporate Investment and Restructuring
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate and Construction
- Nigerian Law School – (B.L)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University – (LL.B)